The agricultural tools and machinery form the backbone of the museum’s collection. Most were owned, used and donated by local farmers. Here are some examples of what you will find on display.
The Fordson E27N is located in the Tractor Shed. It was manufactured between 1945 and 1952. This is a fully working model that can be used by volunteers at the Museum.
On loan from G & J Pecks Ltd.
This example of a horse-drawn 4-wheeled Rutland Harvest Wagon is in the Cart Shed. This style of wagon is called Rutland, or Northampton, after the location where this style was common. This wagon was owned and donated by the Mr. Bedford shown on the wagon.
These Mancurs, which are spring balances that were used for weighing sheep fleeces, will be on display in the Shepherd’s Hut which is currently being restored by the Museum.
Agricultural Sale Poster from 1887. Bodsey Hall is now called Bodsey House. The poster is in the entrance to Reception.
This example of a hand-operated potato sorter was manufactured in 1943. It is displayed in the Barn Annex alongside a variety of other items associated with the local potato industry.
The Pull Scoop was used to clear drainage ditches. This one’s handle has been sawn-off at some point – it would probably have been 6ft (2.1m) originally. The scoop is displayed in the Pump Room alongside pumps, other drainage tools and the terracotta drains shown in the picture.
The Root Cutter was a hand-operated machine for slicing root vegetables, such as turnips, for animal feed. It is located outside between the Old Workshop and the Whitehall Barn