You can support us at Ramsey Rural Museum with financial donations, physical gifts or by volunteering your services.
We are always very grateful for financial donations as the gifts are so flexible and help us in so many ways. It costs over £20,000 every year just to keep the museum going, and that excludes costs such as site maintenance and repair, conservation work and the provision of services to schools and the community. Your gift could help us to:
- ensure the Museum’s survival
- work closely with the local community to provide for all ages and abilities
- plan the Museum’s future development
- protect the Museum’s historic buildings
- update and refurbish the Museum’s displays to keep them attractive, fresh and relevant
- maintain the farm machinery and vehicles, keeping them safe, in good condition and operational
- deliver inspiring curriculum-linked experiences for schools
- create hands-on activities for children of all ages
An unrestricted gift to the museum is the simplest and potentially the most beneficial as it allows us to use it for whatever are our most urgent projects. However, if you would like to support a specific area of interest you may like to consider one of the following:
- Conservation of our extensive collection of artefacts
- Maintenance of display areas
- Provision of temporary exhibitions
- Maintenance of the cottage garden, sensory garden and wildlife areas
- Upkeep of farm machinery, tools and vehicles
- Provision of secure storage
We welcome financial gifts in many forms, but whatever form you choose, please remember that if you are a UK tax payer you can Gift Aid your donation, and this gives us an additional 25p in every pound you donate at no cost to yourself.
If you make a donation by Standing Order, you can gift-aid it by completing the relevant form. A copy for printing is provided here: Gift Aid Form. If you do this, you can post or deliver it to the Museum and we will process it for you.
You can make a donation via your will. If you would like more information about this option please contact us by any of the methods documented in Contact Us.
We have many opportunities for people or organisations who wish to sponsor specific projects. The sponsorship could be in the form of financial support, the donation of materials or the provision of manpower or expertise. A number of local people, firms and organisations have used this route to support the museum. If you would like more information about this option please contact us by any of the methods documented in Contact Us.
We are always looking for artefacts that enhance our collections, but it is always best to talk to us first, as we do have severe space limitations and we no longer actively seek items that do not meet our Collection Development Policy Criteria. So, either come and speak to the Curator any Thursday, or contact us by one of the methods given in Contact Us. We cannot accept unsolicitated items during normal opening hours (Sat, Sun, Mon) as the Curator may not be present.
Our second-hand bookshop is a vital source of income for the museum and so we are always interested in receiving gifts of books. However, please talk to us first, as we can get overwhelmed with gifts at times. Note that we no longer accept gifts of CDs, DVDs or other legacy entertainment formats.
The museum is entirely run by volunteers and one of the easiest and most rewarding ways you can support us is by volunteering. It does not matter who you are, how much time you can offer or what you are willing or able to do – you will be welcomed and your support valued. See Volunteering for more information about how you can contribute.