The New Season has startet and work continues.
Family Learning at the museum in 2019
We have more activities for children to do than ever before. Come along and have some fun as you explore the exhibits and learn about the past.
Activities for 3-11 year olds include:
- Nursery Rhyme Trail (3+yrs)
- Treasure Chest Activity (3+yrs)
- Bug Hunt in the Garden(5+yrs)
- I SPY Trail (5+yrs)
- Maths Trail (9+yrs)
On the first weekend of every month throughout the season come along and have a go at Brass Rubbing in the barn. We have a set of replica brasses, paper and waxes and someone will demonstrate the basics so that you can have a go at this traditional craft and take home a piece of your own work.
FOR ALL AGES £2 per person.
See the website to check dates and details.
What’s this ?
Thank you to everyone who contacted us about the last item we featured. It sparked a lot of interest and also we are happy to say that the lady who had anonymously left it with us contacted us with the information that it was indeed a WW2 German army trenching tool. She has donated it on behalf of the late Mr John Goss of Ramsey, and we have now added it to our military display.
This time the item is a little different, we know what it is, but do you?
Ramsey Indoor Market Stall
We are always happy to accept good quality bric a brac for our stall in the Indoor Market. It can be left there whenever the Market is open.
RRM on Paypal
We have recently opened a Paypal account and over the next few weeks will be using this for online donations and event payments. If you want to pay us using Paypal login and go to Money then Send or Request money then Pay for Goods and Services enter the email address email@example.com and enter the amount you want to send. It would be really helpful if you add a note advising us why you are paying us.
Watch this space for more news on this facility.
Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
RRM are currently structured as a Community Trust. The CIO status became available to charities in England and Wales on 4 March 2013. RRM decided last year to change our status from a Community Trust to a CIO. The main intended benefits of the new entity are that it has legal personality, the ability to conduct business in its own name, and limited liability so that its members and trustees will not have to contribute in the event of financial loss. It gives us the structure of a Limited Company without duplicate reporting to both Companies House and the Charities Commission (CC). As a Charity we continue to report to the CC.
This change will make no difference to the way we operate or to our objectives as a place for learning and entertainment and for safeguarding our local history.
Make a note of the events this year so you don’t miss your favourite show.
- 30th March 2pm – 5pm MUSEUM OPENS
- 7th April 11am – 4pm SPRING FOOD & CRAFT FAIR Plus RAMSEY HERITAGE DAY – FREE ENTRY
- 21st April 11am to 2pm EASTER EGG HUNT
- 27th & 28th April WW1 LIVING HISTORY Day – part of the Fellowes War Project also Cambridge and District Classic Car Club
- 18th May 7pm to Late RAMSEY FEN FAIR – Music at the Camp
- 19th May 11am to 4.30pm RAMSEY FEN FAIR
- 22nd & 23rd June FORD CORSAIR CLUB also HUNTINGDON AMATEUR RADIO – Museums on Air
- 6th and 7th JULY 11am – 5pm MINIATURE STEAM & FIRE ENGINE RALLY
- 12th July 6.30pm GHOST HUNT @ the museum This is a ticket only event
- 27th July 2pm to 4pm RAMSEY & DISTRICT HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY SHOW
- 11th August RAMSEY EQUINE DAY
- 17th and 18th August 1940’S CAMP WEEKEND
- 14th & 15th September 11am to 4pm NATIONAL HERITAGE DAY – both days,
AUTUMN FOOD AND CRAFT FAIR – Sunday only – FREE ENTRY
- 29th SEPTEMBER 11am – 5pm PLOUGH DAY & COUNTRY FAIR
- 17th November 11am – 3pm CHRISTMAS FOOD & CRAFT FAIR
Spring Food and Craft Fair 7th April 2019 – FREE ENTRY
This is our annual start to the season, remember we have Adequate parking, our renowned Tea Room and a wide range of stalls selling some lovely food and very clever craft work. Held on the day of the Ramsey Heritage Day the topic of which this is Waterways so make sure you visit our Pump room and Whitehall Barn where there will be displays.
If you want to get in touch with the museum our phone is 01487 815715 and will be answered when we are there, which is Thursdays between 9am and 3.30pm during the closed season.
Please leave a message if there is no answer.
Our website is www.ramseyruralmuseum.co.uk
New email addresses are:
Ian Gaunt – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeremy Mumford – email@example.com
Steve Watson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sally Elding – learning@ ramseyruralmuseum.co.uk
Tea Room bookings – catering@ ramseyruralmuseum.co.uk
Events – email@example.com
General – firstname.lastname@example.org